Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Poem Prompt: Personally

Let me tie my new blindfold before you go.
You think I'm so blind, so to spare your ego,
I'll step aside and tie my hands with your deceit.
Go ahead, run away from your words--
the ones you promised but couldn't upkeep.
I know it's petty--we've met me.
My feelings come and they change up.
Clearly, I'm just not enough.
I'm only some of what you want,
but you won't what's what you want.
You run around like I won't care,
but--

Certain things still mean this much to me.
Personally, I'd never do them with anyone.
No. 
Only one can see that side, dear.
It still hurts here.
Certain words are only for the person who
could say them too.
And with my feelings the shit you're pulling,
that's not okay, dear.
It still hurts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment