Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Poem Prompt: Changes ('Sunshine' Beat Prod. by ThatKidGoran & MSXII Sounds Design)

All you see is the color red
blossoming from beneath their bed.
The prickly thorns you focus on, 
they never bothered me. 
I would be lying if I claimed
I was never hurt in your terrain.
But I brushed it off, picked myself up,
it never bothered me.
But your perspective's black or white.
The red couldn't fit in your narrow sight.
And you're convincing that your existing,
it always bothered me.
And like an addict,
you prodded at this.
Couldn't live with it or let it be.
Your new fixation to fix your make up, 
you pushed it onto me.
And with the changing, 
I'm hesitating--
I'm backing up and you're moving on.
You wouldn't listen and kept persisting,
you pushed it onto me.
You pushed your changes onto me.

*Beat used for inspiration: Mac Miller Type Beat 'Sunshine' (2:41-3:37) 

No comments:

Post a Comment