Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Year One: Complete

June 16, 2019 - First Lovely (if you haven't caught up yet, I'm on the Twentieth now)

It had been an entire year. And really, that's all I have to say. It's been a year. I mean, my first blog had fallen apart in a month. Not to say the past year has been perfect, but it's been an experience--a bar setter if you will.
This next year, I want to stick to the plan I laid out about a month ago. Sunday: N/A; Monday: N/A; Tuesday: Turtle Thought; Wednesday: Poetry; Thursday: Movie Review; Friday: Lyrics; Saturday: Lovelies. There will be a change at some point since the Lovlies will definitely be through by the end of this year. I only have 80 planned, and according to my pre-set schedule, I should be in the forties by now. If I manage to catch up, they'll be done by the end of August. If not, definitely before 2021 rolls around.
This year, I achieved 167 posts, including this one. Tomorrow's will be the first of Year Two, and the goal is 200 posts. I know that's a lot, especially in comparison to this year, but I want to aim high. I love this blog and I want to do my best with it. This blog really is teaching me a lot about what dedication and consistently working really means. Rather than it being like school, where if you don't do the work you get a million immediate warnings and instant punishment, no one cares. If I don't post, no one complains, they just won't invest their time here. In school, the motivator is everyone breathing down your back and good grades. In a way, it's less motivation than it is forcing you to try. There are dozens of rules set in place with the aim of having everyone try.
Here, if you don't put it work, I get nothing. No teacher patting my back and consoling me, no classmate encouraging me, no letter home to warn me. All I get when I miss a post is this sick feeling in my stomach that I'm lazy and not putting in the effort. And we all know that with a little bit of chocolate, a sick stomach isn't much to tame. So then I do less, get fewer readers, less support--less of everything, really. And I'm the only one to blame. Who wants to support someone who doesn't try? I get that. This blog has shown me that. And before I get out into the real world in two and a half years, I hope this blog can help me correct that.

Top Posts:
First Lovely
Winx Club Review Episodes 1-3
Exercise
Upside Down (This picture prompt also went up on my Instagram)
Exiting

Be Yourself. Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment