Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Poem Prompt: Terror

 Don't think I can't hear the faintest of footsteps.

You mortals all bore me with your "latest" inventions.

A millennia I've been here, somewhat new to the vineyard.

Yet, I've seen it all before, all your famous explorers

who died at my feet, imploring for mercy.

And still evermore, you ignore their losses--

my sympathy's all gone, good luck scoring more.

So go on, try and surprise me, maybe I won't roll my eyes.

Put on all your fancy gear and suit up for your demise.

But once that door opens--be sure that I'll sense it.

Just like my father taught me, I'll relay my family's rhymes,

smiling because I know my music's echoing in your mind.

In fear you'll start to tremble

before we even reach confrontation,

you humans are so cute when you've neared your damnation.

And when you see me, hell will truly break free.

All your nightmares come alive in me.

Your delicate life will barely be able to comprehend

the sight of a demon waiting for your descend.

You'll feel your mind start chipping,

you'll feel your reality slipping.

I'll pull out my fangs and it'll be time for my favorite part of the day.

As I inch closer, your humanity slowly fades

to spare itself, your soul escapes, and bends at my gaze.

I could turn you, if I feel generous, spare another useless mortal

or have some fun instead and watch you get emotional.

I sink my teeth into your neck, drawing up the blood

press in deeper, pierce your vein--I know you won't survive--

but it's so entertaining to watch the terror in your eyes.

Relentless, I eat up until you can't get up.

And when you're down, just for good measure, I may rip your heart out.

And you'll scream when you die like the last I be rid of.

No comments:

Post a Comment