Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Friday, November 13, 2020

Overdue Poem - "feel good" Rex Orange County ft. Brakence Type Beat [indie] prod. heydium

 I never wrote you a poem

in the time that I knew you.

Stop asking me why. Oh why, I

never thought I'd need to.

I'm on the edge of it all now,

thinking of our time together.

Emotions start bubbling, memories start flooding--

I'll hold on forever.

If I had wrote you that poem,

your long overdue lyrics,

I'm sure you would have smiled.

Maybe, now you'd even miss it.

But that's not the case...

I know it's all my own damn fault.

but if I wrote you that poem,

I'm sure it would have gone like:


Thank you for what you have done for me,

you truthfully helped me erase out some pain

that had been piling up cause of the month of love.

Stuff had come up, I was drowning above--

felt I wasn't enough, only made things worse,

my security blurred, thought for sure this was it.

Thank you for stepping up, always trying your best for yours...

Oh, truly, my biggest regret was 

rushing into it,

knowing we wouldn't last--

but that's not what's wrong.

I long forsaw that chapter. 

Happily ever after

wasn't where we were heading.

We simply enjoyed it, you sensed it I know it.

The end should have been crystal.

But because of me and my reckless deeds,

this became an entire thing.

I don't miss you, I'm sorry, 

just glad that you've started moving right along.

I only wish you the best, 

and I really regret never having told your story 

in one of my songs.

So here we are:

your overdue poem.


Beat Which Inspired This: (FREE) Rex Orange Country Ft. Brakece Type Beat "feel good" [indie] prod. heydium

No comments:

Post a Comment