Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Love

Well, Valentine's Day was this past Sunday. And I have to admit, my entire weekend was shit. It felt as if nothing was going the way I wanted. Sunday was Valentine's, Monday I had a day off from school, and this morning was a 2-hr delay. I expected it to be heavenly. But...fate had other plans. Now, the details are fairly personal so I won't get into that, but it did make me think about love and my definition of it. 

I was unable to really do anything this year. I had a person and I did make a small post about him. But I couldn't meet him, send/receive anything, or even post any together pictures because we don't have any. Yeah... in the past I used to worry about the authenticity of the relationship. There are no gifts, no extravagant dinners, no special nights out. But with time, I'm realizing it's not the end of the world. 

I know, I know, love is not just material goods, yadda yadda. But being with him, and other people who I love, just solidifies that more. Just talking, casual happy conversation just makes me feel so happy. Laughter, smiles, just being there with each other is so nice. 

This isn't an analysis, just a reminder to treasure every second you have with that someone--with anyone. Because remembering that would've made Sunday so much more enjoyable for me. Anyways, stay safe and loved. 

~~~

Tiktok

WattPad

Twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment