Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Effort

Let's talk about effort.
The very basis of everything really. No effort, no work. No work, no results. Honestly though, as I say this, it honestly isn't all that true. Personally, I like to maintain this "all or nothing" attitude. It's why I build such hectic schedules and push myself so far. Deep down, I know that if I stick with it and put forth enough effort, I could easily get through all of it just fine. As of late especially, I've been really good with achieving what I want and getting more done. Some days I don't feel my best, and so I don't give my ultimate best everyday. However, the truth is that, I give the best that I can give that day. If I'm feeling dazed and slower, I'll still give it my all, but it'll still be worse than if I'd done it on a better day. I still manage to feel proud of myself when I can check off everything on my to-do list as being done or started.
All that aside, no effort doesn't necessarily mean no work. You can still do work without putting your heart and soul into it. A lot of the things we do as humans are done without us pouring out out love. Doesn't mean that we don't do them or that they're less important. It just means that we'll probably get the same results with half the amount of effort. Though, I find that focusing in on what you're doing and working to complete your task does keep your mind busy and motivated. While it's easy to allow day to day tasks slip between your fingertips, staying in the moment can help build your work ethic.
Now, concerning work whose results are completely dependent on your effort. You now have to work for exactly what you want. You can't skid it or else the results skid as well. These ordeals are made easier with an already established work ethic and goal-orientated mind. Even if you struggle to finish something, you have to put in the effort and get it done. A lesson I've been drilling into my head with this blog and my stories.
Write if you want others to read. They're not going to go through thin air, you have to sit down and make it. Nobody's reading? Then advertise it. Do your best to get the word out, and hope people pay attention and check it out. And most of all, if this really is a passion, then don't let the numbers discourage you. You may look at them, toss them aside, then open up a new page, and type. Why? Because A+ for effort. Even if that A+ doesn't come immediately, eventually it will. Maybe more traction, or money, or whatever else is in your path. If you put in the work, you'll be pleased to see what comes out in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment