Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Rejuvination

art by GDBee

I haven't written a single creative sentence in entirely way too long. College, am I right?

Life has a funny way of strapping you down. It throws thing after thing at you, demanding you to split your attention more and more. Eventually, you choose to look away from certain things. What seems to be more important just needs a certain amount of attention that you can't even imagine splitting for a moment. 

But eventually, in the midst of the chaos, you start to drown. The reality of only paying mind to what seems most important is to let go of what brings you joy. Quick gratification is relinquished in favor of building up something more. It's so easy to fall behind on hobbies, people, even yourself. Ever since this semester started, I've had several breakdowns realizing that life just keeps trudging on without me. I decided to study out of state, meaning the people most important to me have to be called. I'm being updated on my siblings' lives, my friends' lives. I passively watch as they continue their lives. Meanwhile, I chose to do engineering. The work just keeps coming and it's so mentally draining. The hope of a dream career is the only thing keeping me going.

Also, writing. Unironically, I write so often in my free time. I've mostly resigned to only writing lyrics, but I've come to enjoy it so much. Playing with words, rhythms, and references in a quick 30-second snippet can be such a picker-upper. So, expect an influx of rap/song lyrics. I'm not sure what else I want to continue on the blog. I'm not as interested in the movie reviews but I definitely want to continue Turtle Thoughts and Poem Prompts. And stories...god, I haven't written a story in ages. I want to focus on The Will of Blood and 80 Lovelies, so I think my WattPad might officially be done. Unless I get some inspiration to continue.

Will 80 Lovelies be redone? Absolutely. 

I'm incredibly excited to be back. I feel as though this blog would serve as a really good emotional and creative outlet. I'm really glad I chose to not pursue writing professionally. I allowed it to be a relax pad to fall back on and I'm so thankful now to have it. 

Okay, see you all soon. :)

P.S. I'm rebranding. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment