Uchenna, Writer, Engineering Student

Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Loved

Here we go, another one came.
I've been feeling lonely,
lately.
I'm not used to all of this anymore.
I used to be loved like this.
But it stopped because I left.
I didn't mean to leave--
but I did--
and I haven't been loved since.
Not like this.
It takes me a minute, but I get used to it.
I finally dive in, and blissfully float
in this new wave of affection.
It's so much, so overwhelming.
I love it--
I am loved.
Time goes on,
it starts to dry up, confusing me.
I start begging more, so desperate.
It's the last thing I want,
but how this is gonna end up.
It's pulling away.
He's pulling away.
I'm too much for him, too needy.
I'm scrambling, it's crumbling.
I need to breathe, close my eyes, think.
Focus--
pause--
wait.
I'll try it.
I watch myself, regulate my movements.
It feels like I'm pulling away now.
It hurts, I miss more than all of it
I now miss him, so much more.
But,
he hugs me.
It's different.
I close my eyes and soak in this feeling--
I haven't felt it since I first met him--
it's so much, so overwhelming.
I love it--
I love him--
I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment